La Federación Canadiense de Municipalidades convoca a profesionales con dominio del inglés para ocupar el puesto de Asistente de Programas. El plazo de postulación va hasta el 23 de abril. Para mayor información acceda a: www.fcm.ca.
The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) is the national voice of municipal governments, representing the interests of cities and communities with the federal government.
Position: Program Assistant
Location: Lima, Peru
Salary Band: Between $950 – $1,200 CAD/month (employment benefits – probationary period)
Duration: 4-year contract (renewable annually)
Languages: Fluency in Spanish & Advanced level of English is required
FCM is the national voice for Canadian municipal government and is dedicated to improving the quality of life in all communities by promoting strong, effective and accountable municipal governments. FCM International (FCMI) is a global leader in international cooperation aimed at strengthening local capacities and enhancing governance.
The Sustainable and Inclusive Communities in Latin America (CISAL) Program implemented by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) is a $20.5 million, five-year regional initiative (2014-2019) funded in large part by the Canadian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) to support local governments in Colombia and Peru in order that they successfully manage the impacts and benefits from mining development and promote sustainable economic growth for women and men in Latin America.
The program aims to strengthen the capacity of local governments so they can play a leadership role in building more sustainable, resilient and inclusive communities in areas influenced by mining activity. The focus of this regional initiative is to: 1) Strengthen the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of local governments in communities influenced by mining; 2) Promote local economic development and diversification of those communities; and 3) Strengthen existing and/or create new regional collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices, tools and lessons learned that will contribute to improving community, local, departmental/sub-national and national government and company relations.
The Contribution Agreement has been signed with DFATD and the program is now in its first year of operation and set-up.
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, logistical and organizational support for the CISAL team in Peru. She/he will support the organization of technical missions for staff and partners within Peru and to Colombia, the organization of workshops and events, in addition to other activities related to the effective implementation of the CISAL Program. The CISAL Program Assistant will report to the Program Director.
- Provide all administrative logistical services to the CISAL team in Peru, including the coordination of logistics and travel arrangements for staff and partners going on mission or participating in program events and activities;
- Contribute to the organization of workshops and events in Peru, including arranging the logistics for the participants, coordination with service provider, preparation of materials, and ensuring written and visual documentation of the event
- Support the preparation and revision of Terms of Reference and contracts for service providers and consultants;
- Assist with the in-country logistics and preparation of technical missions for Canadian volunteers and consultants;
- Provides assistance regarding financial management, notably reception, processing (coding, validation, verification) and presentation of invoices, expense claims and requests for cheques to the Finance Department; tracks expenditures against budget; collects information and provides input to the annual budget planning;
- Ensure all expenses have the required supporting documents and formats according to FCM and donor requirements;
- Contribute to the Annual and Monthly program planning
- Support the written and visual documentation of all of program activities and assist in preparing presentations and reports as needed;
- Ensure all electronic and paper documents are properly filed and keep databases up-to-date by adding all relevant information on missions regarding correspondence and reports (coordinates of travelers, length of trips, destinations and other travel information);
- Provides other administrative and general support to the CISAL team including reporting on meetings (minutes, etc.) typing, formatting and reviewing correspondence, preparing documentation to be mailed out, such as letters and packages to be sent out; and
- Participates actively to provide feedback and regular updates regarding administrative issues.
Knowledge, Education and Experience Required:
- University degree in social science with excellent organizational and communications skills associated with coordinating several different resource persons, generally acquired at the university level in an administrative or office support course.
- A minimum of five (3) years related experience in an administrative role;
- Excellent understanding of operational support procedures and tools and of computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite);
- Strong organizational and communications skills to coordinate a variety of contacts and administrative duties;
- Demonstrated skills in budget monitoring and finances;
- Proven experience in team work, in particular in a cross-cultural context;
- Demonstrated capabilities in both written and oral communication (i.e. general correspondence, reports, work plans, minutes and administrative policies and procedures); capabilities to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, work productively under pressure and be attentive to details;
- Adaptability, a high level of judgment, considerable initiative, and both skills and experience in managing issues, projects and people;
- Ability to work independently using initiative and judgment; ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks;
- Demonstrated experience working within a team environment;
- All applicants must be residents of Peru.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines/turnaround times;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Fluency in Spanish required. Proficiency in English is required.
Core Competencies Required
The successful candidate will exhibit the following professional competencies:
- Results Oriented: Committed to achieving results, demonstrating innovation and creativity in overcoming obstacles. Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way;
- Client Focused: Making client satisfaction a priority and at the center of all decisions. Providing service excellence to internal and external clients;
- Teamwork: Contributing to the development of a team environment where team members ultimately achieve established goals; and,
- Ethics and Fairness: Treating everyone fairly and equitably and maintaining high ethical standards of professional conduct.
For further information on FCM, please access our website at www.fcm.ca.
Please submit your cover letters, resumes and salary expectations prior to the deadline of April 23, 2015 to the following email address: email@example.com. Write in the subject: ProgramAsist